I celebrated my birthday this past weekend, and while not everyone important or close to me was there, my immediate family was. My birthday was authentic and full of love. Looking back, that is how I lived 2017.
What did I actually do differently?
1. I took HUGE steps away from my comfort zone.
2. I openly spoke of my authentic passions and perspectives with anyone who would listen (not just my friends and family). I quit the 'small talk' and dove in deep to relationship building.
3. I set BIG goals and dreamed BIGGER.
4. I learned to ask for help and be concise in what I was asking for from another.
5. I decided to share more of my knowledge and talents.
Building on 2017, after everything I learned in pursuing my dreams, I have started building Call to Adventure Press, LLC. As the 'Advocate of Adventure,' inspiring others through advocating adventure, relationship building, and storytelling it feels wholeheartedly 'a step in the right direction.'
Call to Adventure Press, LLC is dedicated to helping adventurous and diverse writers publish their creative works. Services will be formulated allowing writers and other entrepreneurs to 'choose their own adventure' with multiple editing, freelance/ghostwriting, and marketing options, as well as offering Writer Accountability Coaching for those working towards their own deadlines.
I want to personally thank all those who have encouraged me on this journey and who continue to encourage me as I venture onto a new path.
Charmaine N. Houck
Advocate of Adventure